January 16, 2010

Chanel meets french provincial? Not exactly..

Not exactly what I expected from Chanel for the SS'10 RTW collection. Although Chanel is one of my favorite designers, this season was not my all-time favorite - sad I know... The runway was transformed into what appeared to be inside a barn, with hay covering the entire runway scene. The country set was extended with models strutting a white/beige/black/brown color scheme with a few denim accents. The collection began with a bit of a Ralph Lauren country ranch feel to it, then clothing seemed to tranform into a flemish 1700s influence, further tranforming into the classic Chanel we all love and dream about- pretty lace, vintage inspired looks. As always the classic Chanel suit look was brought to the runway, but with mule clogs and shortened skirts. I suppose this is one of the reasons I love Chanel, they are always true to the Coco roots, but give just the right amount of pre-runway anxiety to wonder what they will bring to the fashion world the coming season. I pulled a few looks that I really did love from the SS'10 collection for their brilliant detailing and unique-ness that Chanel always achieves.


Oh, and PS. the mule clogs still haven't
grown on me - remember my post?


No comments:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...