January 16, 2010

A Pictorial Hosiery History


This photograph is from the 1920s, showing a woman's buttoned hosiery. I have never seen hosiery as such until I came across this picture, but I think it is fantastic! It is funny to note the change of fashion (hosiery) trends over time and looking at today's trends... Ripped stockings are on the list of top trends from 2009 into the new year as the '90s grunge look continues into Spring/Summer collections and is seen in street fashion across the globe:

Photo credit: THE SATORIALIST


While we are on the topic of hosiery, I came across this killer picture from an editorial spread (can't figure out what magazine - Dutch Vogue possibly??). Is this not the most cutesey hosiery/stilletto combination ever? I love the lady-like gloved hands holding the backseam thread detailing. The added classic 2.55 Chanel makes the styling of this spread even better!



No comments:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...